Why not visit the newly refurbished restaurant within walking distance of Mallory Meadows?
Introducing Mallories, the perfect place to enjoy a delicious weekday evening meal or a Sunday lunch… Chris and I pottered over to check them out and we were delighted. We were met with a cheery hello, and seated in the newly decorated restaurant, we enjoyed a tasty glass of wine while we studied the menu.
They have a great menu that changes frequently with choices like traditional Beer battered cod & chips to braised blade of beef, they have several veggie/vegan options too. Everything is cooked fresh on-site so specific dietary requirements can be catered for.
After a short while our order was taken, and very swiftly plates of steaming hot fresh food appeared, the presentation was a treat to the eyes and it tasted delicious!
We think the new owners have done a fantastic job with the refurbishment. The traditional farmhouse restaurant has been completely updated into a modern, contemporary and inviting space. With comfortable seating, great mood lighting and an upbeat but not overwhelming soundtrack. It was just the place for Chris and I to enjoy some time together. We left feeling completely satisfied that we had enjoyed a delicious meal and are very much looking forward to our next visit.
Mallories at a glance:-
- Pet-friendly bar area for drinks or food.
- Short 5-10 min walk direct from your cabin at Mallory Meadows.
- Great menu choices! I can heartily recommend the cauliflower curry and Chris would eat the rump steak with the chilli butter every day of the week given half a chance!
- Friendly welcome and purse-friendly prices for what is a top-notch meal.
- Outside beer garden with seating for the warmer evenings.
- Advance booking is recommended.
- A little bird told me that they also do breakfast! Perfect if you fancy a low-effort start to your day.
Want to enjoy a glass of wine or a pint of beer with your meal, walking to Mallories is easy by following these very simple steps:-
- From behind the house pick up the public footpath and head through the kissing gate to the churchyard.
- Follow the path through the churchyard and up the church drive.
- When you reach the top and have gone through the blue gates turn right and head into the village
- You will spot Mallories on your left. You enter underneath the arch and the door is at the back.
Please don’t try and walk along the lane back to the village – the lane is narrow and we are in a 60mph zone.
Summing it up, Mallories is a fantastic addition to our little village, it’s the perfect place for a freshly cooked delicious meal during your stay without the need to travel and best of all no washing up!
Book your short break at Mallory Meadows here.
*Not gifted, this is our personal review.